IBADAN MERCY HOME
Obijackson Foundation partnership arrangement with Oyo State Ministry of Women Affairs & Social Welfare, to assist in several areas, in caring for the less privileged at Juvenile Correctional Institute & Child Care Unit located at Sango area of Ibadan. The Foundation refers to this location as Ibadan Mercy Home.
STRUCTURE OF MERCY HOME
The home is clearly divided into two (2) sections namely (a) Juvenile Correctional Institute (JCI) and (b) Child Care Unit (CCU)
JCI cares for bigger children (adolescents) with the following cases:
- Below the age of eighteen (18) years who have been convicted by the court of law and reprimanded in the home for the period of the jail term.
- Run-aways whose homes have not been traced.
- Street boys & girls
- The physically handicapped, mentally retarded and the abandoned.
- Illegal immigrants brought in by the Immigration.
CCU cares for babies/children below the age of seven (7) years with the following cases:
- Rescue from mothers of unsound mind
- Rescue from cases of parental issues being resolved in the court of law
AREAS OF ASSISTANCE
The areas of assistance include, but are not limited to the following:
- General Care-giving
- Special Projects